Common Good has experienced steady growth in recent years based on word-of-mouth, organic new business growth and referrals. We’re now looking to increase our business development activities, and are seeking a Business Development Lead to help manage this effort.
You’ll be building new relationships, nurturing existing ones and closing sales while shaping and steering Common Good’s business development strategy.
Common Good’s approach to business development involves reciprocity and sharing. We believe shared values, and strong relationships deliver great ideas and valuable partnerships.
Key traits and responsibilities:
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities which relate to Common Good’s offering.
- Generating qualified leads and nurturing them through to sale.
- Getting out of the building and travelling to meet new contacts and existing partners.
- Building business cases which help clients understand the value gained and the ROI.
- Engaging with the wider team to support business development.
- Managing, contributing and reporting on the sales pipeline.
- Working with Project Leads and Strategists to grow existing clients.
- Leading teams in compiling strategic responses and proposals to briefs.
- Supporting the outbound marketing activity, strategy and programmes.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in building strong (client) relationships.
- Demonstrable business development experience with major UK and global brands.
- Demonstrable experience in securing and negotiating contracts.
- A genuine passion for design, and the design industry.
- A genuine passion for what Common Good is building and the services we provide.
- A talented storyteller with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Enjoy navigating the financial aspects of consultancies and projects.
- Proactive, not pushy or salesy.
- Possess a relevant network of contacts in the UK and abroad.
- Comfortable working alongside designers, and CEOs alike.
- A passion and desire to speak at events and represent Common Good externally.
We’re a people-centred company which strives to create an exciting and vibrant culture with great benefits for our employees. We also invest a significant percentage of our profits back into internal projects allowing us the time and space to focus on interesting problems, challenges and solutions.
Common Good is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diverse teams will help us make better products and we’re actively hiring for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds.
If this position is of interest to you and you think you have the right skills, please send your details and CV and we’ll be in touch.
We’re only interested in hearing directly from Candidates. Please, no Recruiters.
Apply for this job